Thursday 7 November 2013

Deal Makers and into the Catacombs: Prologue

I explained the plan to Trinity and she was a bit iffy about it but eventually agreed if it was the only way. It's not but the other way would involve killing a number of people.

Anyway we're doing it this way. She's going to help me locate and safely get to a man called Jack. Some of you may know of him but those of you who've been lucky enough to only deal with The Enemy may not be aware of him.

To explain there are other creatures similar in nature and being to The Enemy. Some of you may also know of the creature known as "The Rake" and if so you are at least aware The Enemy is not the only one. There are far more than just The Enemy, The Rake and Jack but they aren't important at least most of them aren't. Info on a need to know basis.

The entity known as Jack or more professionally The Jack of All is a deal making entity similar to legends about "Genies" and occasionally more folkloric depictions of The Devil. He makes magical wish like deals that promise to grant you your fondest desire, but always or at least almost always come with some terrible cost usually hidden from the unfortunate victim until it's too late.

So, knowing that any deals made with this entity always turn out badly why would we go to him? Well... To be completely honest I already made a deal with him before and he's our only chance to get where we need to go anyway.

Speaking of I should probably at least explain where we're going. I have the knife but more is needed for this plan. I need knowledge of  a certain place as well and that knowledge was lost to the ages. However information is never truly lost to a certain man. He's another being like The Enemy or Jack. He is a creature called The Blind Man or sometimes The Grandfather. Like The Enemy he has his own domain and in that domain is every book or piece of information in existence is stored. It's rumored to even hold knowledge not yet existing in this world or that only exists in other universes. If I can find the information I need anywhere it will be in his domain which is referred to as The Catacombs. Unfortunately like The Enemy's domain it's almost impossible to get into if you aren't a follower of the entity controlling it. According to rumors there is an entrance through the headquarters of the creature's followers who call themselves The Archive. They'd undoubtedly attempt to stop me from entering though and I'd rather not kill tons of people or die trying to get into this place. So we're going to ask Jack to get us in.

We're actually currently sitting in the waiting room of a private investigator. Apparently this P.I. can lead us to Jack or something. I've never seen a P.I. with a waiting room before... Then again I've never really run into any real life P.I.s.

Trinity says this is where we need to be so we're here waiting. I'll let you know when something else happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment