Friday 8 November 2013

Into The Catacombs Pt. 1

So it turned out The P.I. we were waiting for was Jack. We were ushered in and met a man sitting behind a desk. His legs up on the desk and head and face hidden under a stetson. The moment we stepped in the entire place seemed to lose saturation till the world was black and white. The only colour was the P.I.s hand tapping on the desk. It was bright red. The defining trait of the Jack of All.

"Aaron... Wasn't expecting to see you again," he said tilting his hat back to expose his eyes, "Oh and The Femme Fatale form."

Trinity stiffened and Jack laughed. "Oh don't worry. I wouldn't spoil the surprise..." he glanced at me "for either of you. So, what do you need?"

Deciding to cut through his cryptic bullshit I told him the plan. His response was to take off his hat set it on the desk which then disappeared along with the hat. Stand up which caused his chair to disappear and walk toward us which caused the entire office and in fact building to disappear leaving us standing in a vacant lot.

"You've both made deals with me before. Normally I'd require something for another deal, but... This small act on my part will hasten you both to the fulfillment of your original deals and the inevitable epilogue of a boring tale. So, I'll make this one a freebie."

He then raises his hand and snapped his fingers and a door appeared in the middle of the lot. He vanished then and the door opened to a dark, dank, dusty underground passage lined on both sides by walls filled with books. The entire place emanated a feeling of age, knowledge and mystery. I looked at Trinity. Ready?

She shook her head but proceeded inside ahead of me. I followed her and the door closed behind us.

It was a bit exhausting. I'll tell you the rest when I wake up. I'm not letting Trinity touch my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment