Tuesday 10 December 2013

How?

How can something be hidden from me in his realm?

How can anything be hidden from me here?

It's infinite but I can contain infinity easily in this body.

Something...

Something is here.

Something is distorting my perceptions of this space that is so intimately linked to my being.

Something that can do that must be powerful.

One of the others could not...

would not...

A memory of claws hurtling towards me from the dark broke through my mind and a very human chill crept up my spine.

Even now you still fear me, Anomaly.

I turned my eyes to focus on the invader as The Rake moved out of the infinite woods towards me.

It's body was scarred.

It was weaker here.

It was suffering here.

It had been here all along.

It's method back dead.

It was trapped.

The Master's power held it here.

Even so as my eyes moved to it's claws I shivered.

My mind imagining them ripping through my flesh and cutting into my bones.

I no longer had either in the conventional sense but I could not shake the fear.

"what do you want?" 

To be free

"Why would I let you free?"

"This eternal torment is what you deserve"

You will not have a choice.

Your friend will die unless I take you to him

I hesitated but it was true.

"You will take me to him and I will set you free"

The Rake merely nodded and then crouched it's head low.

I was confused and then realized its meaning.

I stepped toward him.

The irrational fear growing ever greater every step I took nearer to those claws.

He did not swipe and I reached him.

Carefully, and with great distaste and fear, I grabbed onto his shoulders and placed myself on his back.

The moment I was positioned he took off.

The ride was not comfortable in any form, but it was fast.

Within seconds we burst into an area filled with cloaked figures.

The Rake almost instantly moved through them his arms spreading out allowing his claws to scythe through them with ease.

One of the figures however managed to jump back out of range of the scything claws and a gun slipped out of his sleeve.

The Rake turned to him and I could feel it grin.

I would have no more death and I upheld my end of the bargain.

As The Rake disappeared back to your world I fell to the ground landing on my knees.

The figure turned his gun to me, but stopped as my form shifted into that of The Second.

At this I was pushed back into the unconscious of this mind if it could be said to have one, but I am still aware of what transpired.

"Stop.

"It's over."

"We have lost."

"The Third will handle things now."

Control and the form reverted back to me as I watched the figure disappear.

I had not checked on Aaron during all this and was quite pleased to realize he had been unconscious throughout all of this.

I'm putting a mental block on these last two posts for now as I will be returning the laptop to him as soon as he awakens.

I'm pretty sure he will awaken...

No comments:

Post a Comment