Sunday 8 December 2013

Train Ride Through Hell.

The train's special properties turned out to be a bit unnecessary. Instead of being met with a dense forest we'd have to pass over we were met with a straight path surrounded by trees. The gun however continued to be necessary. As the train passed through the trees on it's way to our destination Proxies jumped out of the trees onto the train. Oh yes... The gun was useful. I spent a long time gunning down Proxies as they tried to board the train. I got a few in midair but many I had to clip off of the roof. Luckily the gun is capable of turning 360 degrees. Some got inside but I don't doubt Trinity could handle herself.

It went on like this for a bit and I was too focused on shooting the bastards that I didn't notice something was wrong until the train started to rise off the ground. Something large was ahead and the train was trying to get over it. The Proxies began fleeing from the train back into the trees and I turned to see the giant towering form of The Enemy before us. The train was heading upwards trying desperately to rise higher than the sky itself. A tentacle extended from the Enemy and raised up into the air then swung down in a horizontal slash that seemed, momentarily, to of cut the entire universe in half. There was a terrible groaning sound and the train began to pitch forward. I held onto the gun for dear life as suddenly the train began to split into two parts. The upper half continued forward as the lower half began to plummet. Still desperately clinging to the upper half I watched as we continued forward towards the Enemy's mass and then speared through and hit the dirt with enough force to embed the roof up to 8 feet into the ground and launch me and the gun from the roof to the ground almost a full 40 meters away. The gun luckily landed down first and so I only severely banged my ribs against it as opposed to being crushed beneath it. I couldn't walk. I just stared at the wreckage. It occurred to me Trinity was still in there when it was cut in half. I wondered momentarily whether she was ok... Then I passed out... I think...

I woke up shortly after near the train proper. There was blood everywhere most of it mine. I think I had started searching the wreckage and must have opened a gash in my body. I didn't find Trinity. I think I'm dying...

I can't die... My plan hasn't been fulfilled yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment